Saturday, January 29, 2011

Joshua's Journeys #50 Scribble Monsters

Today we got the opportunity to go and see the Scribble Monsters! When I told Joey what we were doing I told him we were going to see a play. He asked "With other kids?" I told him yes, and that it was called the Scribble Monsters. The whole drive he asked many questions "Are the monsters going to eat me? Will they bite me? Will they scare me? We'll sing? And dance?" Joey has been all about monsters lately...scaring him, Java being a monster, etc. So this was a good way to show him that the word monster is not so scary! In addition, all proceeds were going to the CHARGE Foundation! I had learned of this from the CHARGE Listserv and spoke with Tracy the lady who put this all together. She has a young daughter with CHARGE, a little younger than Joey, and had mentioned that she had seen our blog and knew of me. So we went to the production and as I was strolling the kids into the school the next car was a lady pulling her daughter out and said "Sandy, right?" It was another CHARGE mom! I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before going, but I saw 3 other CHARGE families that I knew, and met Tracy and her family whom I had just "met" online. It is so hard to believe that a syndrome affecting 1 in 10,000 worldwide can bring so many people together. It was a great production and the kids had a lot of fun, and I had a nice time catching up with those I knew and meeting Tracy and her beautiful daughter and family. It builds the excitement even more for our Orlando trip to the CHARGE Conference in July!

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

I so wanted to go to that but Bailey had a cub scout thing today, everytime something like this comes up I seem to always have something planned.Maybe next time.
Crystal

Christy said...

Sorry we missed it :(

Tracy said...

I am officially your newest blog follower Sandy! I love this post! Joey is so funny! Again - I am so happy you were able to come - what a wonderful opportunity to bring our families together! We will for sure be seeing you in Orlando!!!

Hope you're all staying warm!

Tracy