Friday, November 16, 2012

World Prematurity Day

Tomorrow is officially World Prematurity Day, but since today is a week day, Phil and I worked a booth at the hospital and handed out purple ribbons and displayed pictures of our preemies: Josh and Joey. After our clean up we were able to go into the NICU to see the construction that has been going on and say hi to some old friends, which also meant a super big hug from one of my favorite speech therapists! The last pic is of the display, pics of Joey and Josh as babies, and then Joey healthy and happy today. I also decided to put some pics of their first few days and just how tiny they were. I remember hearing that you should put a kleenex box or a 2 liter bottle of pop next to your preemie to give some perspective in pictures as to how tiny a 3 pound baby can be, but I think when you see all of Joey's head in Phil's hand, or Josh's fingers wrapped around one of Phil's, and those tiny little feet you can remember a bit!

No comments: