Friday, November 7, 2008

A Note to Josh's NICU Aunties


To Tina, Bethany, Amy, & Stephanie:

Josh, Sandy, and I (well, and Joey too) can never express our appreciation for you and your presence in our lives. Of course, I would never wish for my child (or anyone's for that matter) to have to spend time in the NICU, but I am glad that while we were there, we got to meet you. I take the relationships we formed as a very large and completely unforeseen gift that Josh gave to all of us. I was so surprised when I realized that you guys actually cared about him -- I mean how many nurses really invest themselves in their patients the way you did? Leaving Josh at the NICU was so hard, but man did it feel good to know that you would be there with him.

There are some things I'll never forget: Sandy and I balling our eyes out all over Tina the day we learned about Josh's diagnosis; the tender care that Bethany always showed Josh (Monkey Covers); the talks with Amy (It's dammit! Say it right!); and the great Halloween costume that Stephanie MADE for Josh (Corduroy the bear).

You guys are forever in our hearts. Please, please keep in touch with us.

7 comments:

TT said...

Yaaay! You all can finally be together!

Can't wait to see them both again!

-Tiffany

Nurse Tina said...

WOW!!! I made the front page, I guess I'm going to have to get used to that.................
Thanks for the heartfelt words. Joshua is a special little boy, I'm blessed to be a part of his life. Love, Nurse Tina

Christy said...

This is AWESOME!! Now teach Sandy how to do it so that it is updated frequently!!

Unknown said...

DEAR KURBY FAMILY:
WELCOME HOME TO JOSHUA, FINALLY ABLE TO SLEEP IN HIS OWN CRIB AND SEE BROTHER JOEY EVERY DAY AS ALREADY HAS SEEN MOM AND DAD EVERYDAY, HOPE THINGS WILL NOW CALM DOWN FOR ALL OF YOU!! LOVE BOTH BOYS BUT JOSH WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN THE TRINCO HEARTS, YOU DID IT SANDY AND PHIL, JOSH AND JOEY ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU BOTH AS THEIR MOM AND DAD, YOUR SONS WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF BED EVERYDAY!! CONGRATS TO ALL 5(JAVA INCLUDED) OF U
LOVE AND KISSES,AUNTIE PAM XOXOXOX

Denise said...

I hope everyone continues to follow this most special Kurby Family Blog! Sandy, Phil, Josh and Joey (and Java too) have made remarkable strides, thanks to everyone for their love and support! I am now two times more blessed with grandsons! I can't wait to see them all together!

Love, Grandma Denise

Bethany said...

I am only a little jealous of Tina's photo with Josh, don't worry I will get over it. I miss you guys and especially little Joshy with his popeye look when it is time to be weighed. He has such an amazing soul, thank you for sharing him with us! Love, Bethany xo

Auntie Amy said...

Well I guess not everyone could make the front page!! Thanks for such a wonderful compliment. It was always MY pleasure to take care of Josh. I fell in love the first time I took care of him (which happened to be the night he was born). What a special boy and a special family. He is very lucky to have you both. You are awesome parents!!! I loved working with you (which I can't say about all parents)! You both always brought laughter to my shifts. I miss you all and think of you often. Keep the pictures coming!!! Love Amy